The unit can be taken from home and completed on our online portal, IABonline. Once registered, we will send you your login details which will give you access to the assessment that requires completing. You will be allocated three months from this time to complete the assessment. Upon completion you will be sent a PDF certificate of your CPD unit. If you would like some learning resources to help you, this unit is covered in our study text book Level 2 Bookkeeping which can be purchased here.
Please note that tutor support is not included and cannot be provided by the IAB. If you wish to complete the whole qualification and require tuition you can search for an IAB accredited training provider by visiting: www.iab.org.uk/find-a-centre/. If you choose to study with a training provider you will need to contact them directly to enquire about the price and to register for the qualification.
This unit consists of the following elements:
- Understand the basics of bookkeeping and bookkeeping systems
- Understand terms used by bookkeepers
- Recognise source documents and understand their purpose
- Understand the use of a sub-divided bookkeeping system
- Understand the basics of the VAT system
- Understand HMRC VAT rules
- Understand the purpose of the VAT control account and the VAT return
The full unit specification can be found here.
Terms and conditions can be found here