Self-study is a fantastic way of gaining a regulated qualification while being in complete control of your learning.
What is included?
Included in this pack is the following:
Registration onto the qualification
Access to complete online knowledge tests and assignments
Assessment and examination fees (excluding resits)
Certification upon successful completion of all assessments
Please note that Tutor support is not included and cannot be provided by the IAB. For more information on self study please click here.
Please also note that the IAB does not offer study text books for computerised bookkeeping, students will have to source these from elsewhere. Access to an appropriate computerised bookkeeping software package will also be required to complete the Use a computerised accounting system unit, again this is not supplied by the IAB as part of the qualification package.
Register for the Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Bookkeeping 601/9052/8 as a self-study student.
The Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Bookkeeping qualification provides the knowledge and skills to set-up a computerised accounting system, prepare business documents, process a wide range of transactions from source documents and produce reconciliations and reports.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of computerised accounting and VAT – M/508/5842
- Understand the basics of computerised accounting
- Understand terms used in accounting
- Recognise source documents and understand their purpose
- Understand the basics of the VAT system
- Understand HMRC VAT rules
- Understand the purpose of VAT accounts and the VAT return
Use a computerised accounting system – R/508/6627
- Set up a computerised accounting system
- Generate and use source documents
- Account for cash sales and sundry income
- Process customer receipts and refunds
- Process supplier payments and refunds
- Process payments through the bank current account
- Process petty cash transactions
- Reconcile the balance on the bank current account
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Generate reports