Self-study is a fantastic way of gaining a regulated qualification while being in complete control of your learning.
What is included?
Included in this pack is the following:
Registration onto the qualification
Access to complete online knowledge tests and assignments
Assessment and examination fees (excluding resits)
Certification upon successful completion of all assessments
Please note that Tutor support is not included and cannot be provided by the IAB.
Register for the Level 2 Award in Payroll for Business 603/3408/3 as a self-study student.
The Level 2 Award in Payroll for Business qualification will allow learners to gain the knowledge and skills to process the payroll under Real Time Information (RTI) regulations and keep accurate payroll records.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of Employment legislation and payroll processing – H/617/143
- Understand the principles of legislation relating to the processing of the payroll
- Understand the information required to prepare an employee payroll record
- Understand additional elements that constitute gross pay
- Understand the principles of Statutory Additions to, and deductions from pay
- Understand the principles of PAYE and NIC legislation and other statutory obligations when processing the payroll
- Understand the principles of repaying Student Loans through the payroll
- Understand the procedures to adopt when dealing with a leaver
- Understand the requirements for processing and submitting payroll information
- Understand the need to complete period end payroll procedures within given timescales
Computerised Payroll Processing – K/617/1435
- Be able to set up and maintain company, pension and employee records using commercially available payroll software
- Be able to determine gross pay for different payroll periods
- Be able to process payroll accurately for a variety of pay periods using organisational procedures and timescales
- Be able to produce statutory and non-statutory reports
- Be able to back up and restore data when required