Self-study is a fantastic way of gaining a regulated qualification while being in complete control of your learning.
What is included?
Included in this pack is the following:
Registration onto the qualification
Access to complete online knowledge tests and assignments
Assessment fees (excluding resits)
Certification upon successful completion of all assessments
Please note that Tutor support is not included and cannot be provided by the IAB.
Register for the Level 1 Award in Payroll for Business 603/3022/3 as a self-study student.
The Level 1 Award in Payroll for Business qualification introduces payroll record keeping and processing using commercially available computerised software, giving the candidate the necessary underpinning knowledge and skills to record financial payroll transactions in a manual and computerised environment and in line with Real Time Information requirements.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of Payroll Preparation – Y/616/9096
- Understand fundamental employment and data protection legislation relevant to payroll
- Understand what constitutes gross pay for different payroll periods including leavers
- Understand the difference between statutory and voluntary deductions.
- Understand the principles of the PAYE & NIC systems in the UK.
- Understand the information required to prepare and submit an employee payroll record under HMRC Real Time Information regulations
- Understand the internal and external procedures required for finalising the payroll
- Understand HMRC reporting requirements
Fundamentals of Payroll Processing – D/616/9097
- Be able to calculate gross pay for different payroll periods and situations
- Be able to determine the amount of income tax to be deducted from Gross Pay
- Be able to determine the amount of National Insurance Contributions to be deducted from Gross Pay
- Be able to apply voluntary deductions
- Be able to complete internal and statutory procedures for a leaver
- Be able to produce the necessary payroll forms and summaries
Computerised Payroll Processing – H/616/9098
- Be able to set up a computerised payroll system using commercially available payroll software
- Be able to set up employee records and payroll data on a computerised payroll system
- Be able to prepare and enter details of gross pay into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to process the payroll
- Be able to back up and/or restore payroll data