Self-study is a fantastic way of gaining a regulated qualification while being in complete control of your learning.
What is included?
Included in this pack is the following:
Registration onto the qualification
Access to complete online knowledge tests and assignments
Assessment fees (excluding resits)
Certification upon successful completion of all assessments
Please note that Tutor support is not included and cannot be provided by the IAB. For more information on self study please click here.
Please also note that the IAB does not offer study text books for computerised bookkeeping, students will have to source these from elsewhere. Access to an appropriate computerised bookkeeping software package will also be required to complete the Set up a computerised accounting system and process data unit, again this is not supplied by the IAB as part of the qualification package.
Register for the Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping 601/9050/4 as a self-study student.
The Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping qualification acts as an introduction to the basics of using commercially available accounting software to set up a computerised accounting system, process business transactions and produce reports.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Introduction to computerised accounting – D/508/5836
- Understand the basics of computerised accounting
- Understand accounting terms
- Recognise source documents
- Understand the basics of the VAT system
Set up a computerised accounting system and process data – Y/508/5849
- Set up a computerised accounting system
- Process credit based transactions
- Process cash sales and sundry income
- Process receipts from credit customers
- Process payments to credit suppliers
- Process payments through the bank current account
- Process petty cash transactions
- Reconcile the balance on the bank current account
- Generate reports