Self-study is a fantastic way of gaining a regulated qualification while being in complete control of your learning.
What is included?
Included in this pack is the following:
Registration onto the qualification
Access to complete online knowledge tests and assignments
1 x Knowledge Study Text Book
1 x Skills Study Text Book
1 x Sage 180 day disk
Assessment fees (excluding resits)
Certification upon successful completion of all assessments
Please note that Tutor support is not included and cannot be provided by the IAB.
Register for the Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business 603/2736/4 as a self-study student.
The Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business qualification is suitable for learners wanting an introduction to the process of keeping double entry records, preparing reconciliations and a trial balance.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Introduction to computerised accounting – D/508/5836
- Understand the basics of computerised accounting
- Understand accounting terms
- Recognise source documents
- Understand the basics of the VAT system
Financial services and payment methods – A/508/5861
- Understand the role of banks and building societies
- Understand how businesses use financial services
- Identify appropriate methods of payment and understand their features
- Understand the need for security measures and procedures for the safe-keeping of cash
Set up a computerised accounting system and process data – Y/508/5849
- Set up a computerised accounting system
- Process credit based transactions
- Process cash sales and sundry income
- Process receipts from credit customers
- Process payments to credit suppliers
- Process payments through the bank current account
- Process petty cash transactions
- Reconcile the balance on the bank current account
- Generate reports