Self-study is a fantastic way of gaining a regulated qualification while being in complete control of your learning.
What is included?
Included in this pack is the following:
Registration onto the qualification
Access to complete online knowledge tests and assignments
Assessment fees (excluding resits)
Certification upon successful completion of all assessments
Please note that Tutor support is not included and cannot be provided by the IAB.
Register for the Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping 601/9065/6 as a self-study student.
The Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping qualification is specifically aimed at learners who wish to begin their studies of bookkeeping and gain entry to a Level 1 qualification.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Introduction to bookkeeping – T/508/5857
- Understand the basics of double entry bookkeeping
- Understand bookkeeping terms
- Recognise source documents and understand their purpose
- Understand the basics of VAT
- Understand the purpose of the trial balance and petty cash and bank reconciliations
Keep double entry records and prepare a trial balance – A/508/5858
- Use the journal
- Record transactions in a double entry bookkeeping system
- Prepare a trial balance
Prepare reconciliations – F/508/5859
- Reconcile the petty cash balance
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement