AML Inspection Appeals form
The full appeal procedure is available within Schedule 3 of the IAB Bye-laws.
Considerations before Appeal
1. Before submitting an appeal, members should examine and consider the feedback provided. In doing so it may be helpful to refer to the document: ‘Anti Money Laundering Guidance for the Accountancy Sector.’ As the HM Treasury approved sector guidance, it explains the regulatory requirements around which the inspection is based and is available from CCAB through this link.
2. Members are also encouraged to contact IAB for further information about the framework and requirements used in the allocation of grades.
3. Thereafter members should carefully consider the grounds upon which an appeal may be lodged.
Ongoing supervision during an appeals process
1. IAB members must ensure that their practice is fully compliant with all aspects of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 irrespective of any ongoing appeal.
2. Where a mandatory improvement action has been issued in relation to an inspection, even though it is currently under appeal, the member must nevertheless ensure that the required action is addressed within the specified timeframe to ensure compliance with the 2017 Money Laundering Regulations.
3. Any subsequent finding of non-compliance or subsequent disciplinary action will be taken independently of any pending appeal.